NOVA 46302 Comet II Variable Speed Midi Lathe Includes A 48232 G3 Chuck AND a 9033 5-Piece Mini-Turning Tool Set
Yes! We have the promo packages in stock, ready to ship to you! But when they are gone . . . they will be gone forever!
We have a very limited quantity of the Nova Comet II package which comes with the popular NOVA G3 reversible chuck (48232) PLUS a NOVA Mini Turning 5 Piece Chisel Set (9033). A great package to get you started . . . except the wood!
It’s portable, space saving – yet delivers the capacity and rugged stability of larger lathes. And YES, with proven NOVA™ quality, durability and features. NOVA™’s unique Comet VersaTurnTM Adaptable Technology with available accessory attachments, transforms the NOVA™ Comet II Midi Lathe into an all-in-one wood turning and woodworking system. The NOVA™ Comet II Midi, perfect solutions for a wide- range of woodworking projects. Need more capacity? The NOVA™ Comet II Midi Lathe’s add-on bed extension allows you to stretch your NOVA™ Comet II Midi to meet your project needs.
- Variable speed: 250-4000rpm
- Swing over bed: 12”
- Distance between centers: 16.5” extends up to 42" with optional bed extension 47001
- Spindle: 1”8TPI RH
- Headstock Taper: 2MT hollow
- Spindle Taper: 2MT hollow
- Motor: 3/4HP 120v single phase, 60Hz Variable Speed
- Standard Equipment: 3” Faceplate, Handwheel Unit, 6” Toolrest, Spur-Drive Centre, Live Tailstock Centre, Knockout Bar, Manual with parts breakdown and fasteners
- Shipping weight: 85 lbs. / Chuck - 5 lbs.
- Powerful Electronic Variable Speed Motor offers an RPM range from 250 to 4000 RPM With a super lower speed up to a super-high speed, this makes the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe the perfect choice for a variety of projects, from pens to bowls.
- Forward and Reversing Switch offers addtional flexiblity and allows you to achieve a superior finish.
- 12" Swing Capacity over bed and 16.5" between centers, extendable with bed extension accessory 47001.
- 3 Step Pulley System offers different speed ranges while providing maximum flexbility. The middle step usually provides enough range for most Wood Turning applications, however the addtional 2 steps provide more torque for the more demanding applications.
- Versaturn® Adapatable Technology Accessories - The NOVA Verstaturn® Adaptable Technology is exclusive to NOVA. With the addition of the Versaturn® Coupler (47000), these accessories enable you to turn your NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe into a: Grinding Wheel (47002) or 6" Wire Brush (47004)
- Quality materials – Solid Cast Iron throughout.
- Strong 2MT spindles
- NOVA smart accessories – lathe accessories are common between the models, meaning any money invested in the accessories isn’t wasted if you upgrade your NOVA lathe.
- Precision Machining.
- Extendable Beds – make your lathe as long as your project requires, without having permanently taking up workshop room! (Additional Accessory item)
- Quick Action Cam Controls – precisely adjust to your requirements, fast.
- Great Speed Range
- The Nova G3 Reversible chuck is the next generation smaller geared chuck, with a unique reversible lock function/feature designed exclusively for the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe. Provides high power geared chuck option suited for the smaller capacity of the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe.
- Large range of accessories
- Lathe covered under a 2 year warranty, motors and electrical parts are covered under a 1 year warranty.
UPC Number: 669762002280