Delta 46-460 12-1/2 Inch Variable Speed Midi Lathe
Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish. Sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lay down and remain rough. Sanding a turned piece against the grain will cut the wood fibers smooth. Rotating the turned piece in both directions is the way to achieve this super smooth finish. With our competitors the turner would need to remount the work piece backward to achieve this dual rotation. This is time consuming and often impossible. With the Delta 46-460 it is a simple flip of the switch.
Item usually ships within 5-7 business days.
Do you need a liftgate? - When the receiving address does not have a loading dock or forklift, shipments over 100 pounds must be delivered by use of truck with a liftgate (a platform on the back of a truck that lowers a shipment to the ground from the truck bed). Liftgate service must be paid for when ordered. The drivers responsibility is to get the shipment to the back of the truck, once the shipment is deposited on the ground behind the truck, the drivers work is complete, they are not responsible for assistance in moving the shipment into the home or business.
- 6" and 10" Tool Rest
- Spur center
- Chrome 3" Face Plate
- Tool rest base
- Knockout Bar
- Live center
- 3" face plate
- 6" tool rest
- 10" tool rest
- Motor: 1 HP max, 120V, 60 Hz
- 1 Phase Motor Control: Electronic
- Variable Speed Speed: 250-700, 600-1,800 and 1,350-4,000 rpm
- Swing Over Bed: 12-1/2"
- Swing Over Base: 9-9/16"
- Distance between Centers: 16-1/2"; with Extension: 42"
- Drive Spindle Thread Count: 1"-8 RH TPI
- Thread Drive Spindle through Hole: 15/32"
- Head and Tailstock Taper: #2 MT MT
- Tailstock through Hole: 13/32" Self-ejecting
- Tailstock Spindle Travel: 2-1/4"
- Tool Rest: 6" and 10"
- Length: 36"
- Width: 11"
- Height: 17-3/4"
- Weight: 97 lbs
- Powerful 1 HP max, 1,725 rpm Motor
- Large 12-1/2" swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class
- Electronic Variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
- Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life
- 6 groove belt provides superior power to turn large objects
- Indexing pin to lock the head stock spindle in 24 different locations for fluting and other decorative applications
- All cast-iron construction provides stability and is extremely durable
- Over Headstock On/Off switch provides easy in use access
- Ball-bearing live center Turning long spindles require either a longer tool rest or the user to continually move the short tool rest.
- Turning short work requires a short spindle; the long spindle will not allow the turner to get close enough to the piece.
- Extension Bed (Model 46-463) is a 25-1/2" long cast-iron bed that increases the overall bed length of the 46-460 to 42"
- On board storage for easy access to adjustment tools
- 6" and 10" tool rests provides tool support in a variety of turning applications
- Heavy-duty, steel knockout bar
UPC Number: 847962000026